Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Antique Guns and Equipment

Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next Page 11 of 33

WW2 1940 Italian Fascist Military Youth Gioventù Italiana del Littorio (GIL) Marked Beretta Fabbrica Nazionale d’Armi-Brescia (FNA-B) 5.5mm Blank Cartridge Bolt Action ‘Balilla’(Boy’s) Training Carbine (Reduced Size Carcano Mod 1891) - 15913
In 1926, after barely four years in power and following Mussolini’s expressed desire to provide pre-military training and to arm Italian youths beginning at a very young age, the fascists established the Opera Nazionale Balilla (ONB) youth organization. The term “Balilla” evoked the memory of a young boy, Giovan Battista Perasso, whose nickname was Balilla, who on December 5, 1746, touched off a popular revolt against the Hapsburg occupiers in Genoa. By December 10, the revolt had managed to free the city from the Austrian troops. The ONB program encompassed boys from six to 18 years of age, organized along military lines, who, depending on their age group, were issued uniforms and weapons of various types ranging from strictly toy weapons to light machine guns. In October 1937, the ONB was replaced by the Gioventù Italiana del Littorio (GIL). In response to a request by the Youth Organisation, production began of a very faithful blank-firing copy approximately four-fifths the size of the corresponding full-size Carcano moschetto modello 1891carbine. These small carbines were designated the moschetto regolamentare Balilla modello 1891 ridotto (reduced size Model 1891 Balilla regulation carbine). Three different firms were associated with the manufacture of the Balilla blank-firing carbines: Napoleone & Vittorio Castelli (usually referred to as Castelli), Fabbrica Nazionale d’Armi-Brescia (more commonly referred to as FNB) and Fratelli Grazian (Grazian Brothers). In all respects, the Balilla is a very faithful reduced-scale version of the regulation Carcano cavalry carbine. The calibre of the weapon is conventionally referred to as 5.5mm, which is the diameter of the “bullet” of the dummy carrier cartridge used with the weapon. The regulation weapon has an overall length of 36 ¼” with bayonet folded closed. Our example is a just 29 ¾”. This is an excellent original example of the reduced size ‘Balilla’ Training Carbine. It has all original wood and metalwork & is equipped with original folding bayonet. It has a steel butt plate with trap, sling bar, adjustable rear sight and block & blade fore sight. The breech is stamped with Fascist youth Organisation, manufacturer and WW2 date marks, ‘GIL’ with organisation arms (Gioventù Italiana del Littorio), ‘FNB’ (Beretta Fabbrica Nazionale d’Armi-Brescia) and ‘1940’ together with ‘XVIII’ & ‘Grazan Verona’ (all illustrated). The stock is stamped with number '47238' and indistinct roundel. The carbine strips, cocks & dry fires as it should. As a blank firing training rifle no licence is required to own this item in the UK. Price includes deactivation certificate & UK delivery. Sn 15913
£695.00

ALL MATCHING NUMBERS INCLUDING STRIKER BOLT & CLEANING ROD, 1867 Belgian Military, Albini-Braendlin Front Hinge Breech 11mm Obsolete Calibre Military Service Rifle. Sn 15866 - 15866
The Albini rifle (or Albini-Braendlin rifle) was a single-shot 11mm rifle adopted by Belgium in 1867. The action on the Albini rifle was designed by an Italian officer Augusto Albini and was perfected by an English gunsmith, Francis Braendlin. The rifle has a front-hinged, forward lifting action that has a mechanism which works together with the hammer-striker assembly to simultaneously lock and fire the rifle. When fired, the striker bolt moves into the back of the breech block striking the firing pin and locking the block in place at ignition. Both striker and firing pin move in the same line as the rifle bore. Pulling the hammer back withdraws the striker from the breech block allowing it to be lifted on its pivot pin by means of a small fixed knob on the right side of the block. This is an excellent example of the Albini-Braendlin 11mm calibre service rifle. It has 33 ½” barrel which is clean with crisp rifling and measures 53 ½” overall. It has all original wood work which has just the bumps and bruises to be expected with age and steel butt plate. It also has a steel trigger guard with extended tang, adjustable graduated ladder rear sight, block and blade foresight, bayonet block, sling swivels and original steel cleaning rod. It has the correct hinged breech and heavy military hammer. The barrel is stamped with inspection marks and '1867'. The central barrel band, butt plate, barrel, striker bolt and cleaning rod have matching numbers ‘709’. The loading and firing actions work perfectly. Price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 15866
£975.00

VERY RARE, One of 16,000 British Crimean War Era 1856 Windsor USA Contract Pattern 1853 Enfield .577” Calibre 2 Band Percussion Rifled Musket With 1858 Dated Regiment Marked Butt Plate '4.L' To The 4th Lancers. Sn 13313 - 13313
This is an excellent original example of the British 1853 Pattern rifled musket manufactured under contract to British War Department by Robbins and Lawrence, Windsor, Vermont, USA in 1856. During the Crimean War (1854-1856) there was a shortfall of Enfield rifle muskets. Insufficient numbers were being produced in the United Kingdom and, despite a contract for their manufacture being placed in Belgium, further assistance from both the United States and France was sought. An American contact was swiftly set up in February 1855 for 25,000 US rifle muskets, altered to the Enfield bore, to be made by Robbins and Lawrence of Windsor, Vermont. The American produced Enfields were stamped 'WINDSOR' on the lock. Although the contract was for 25,000 weapons, due to financial difficulties only 16,000 were produced in America for the British Army and marked ‘Windsor’. This is a very rare, original example of the Crimean War American contract 1853 Pattern 2-band Percussion Rifled Musket. The side plate is correctly stamped ‘Windsor’ and has the Queens crown (Victoria) together with ‘1856’ date. It has an excellent all original walnut stock, brass butt plate, brass trigger guard with extended tang, steel fore end block and original steel ram rod. It is without bayonet lug. The butt plate tang is crisply Regiment marked '4 L' (4th Lancers) together with 434 (weapon number) & date ‘1. 58’ (Jan 1858) indicating issue to the lancers post Crimean War. The musket has a block and blade fore sight, sling swivels and ladder rear sight. The barrel has a clean bore with 3 groove rifling. Total length is 46" with a 30" barrel. The firing action works perfectly. The price for this very rare Crimean War era British Army Musket, one of only 16,000 made includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion rifle, no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. Sn 13313
£1,450.00

SOLD SOLD (10/06) SCARCE, 1892-1910 Chicago Fire Arms Company USA .32 Rim Fire Obsolete Calibre Factory Nickel Plated 7 Shot Repeating Palm Pistol. Sn 15878 - 15878
The Protector Palm Pistol is a small .32 rimfire revolver designed to be the size of a pocket watch and is a unique pistol in that it is not fired using a conventional trigger, but by the operator squeezing his or her fist when the pistol is concealed in the palm of the hand. It was unique in that the revolver was clasped in a fist with the barrel protruding between two fingers and the entire handgun was squeezed in order to fire a round. The Protector Palm Pistol was first patented and built in France in 1882 by Jacques Turbiaux and sold as the "Turbiaux Le Protector" or the "Turbiaux Disc Pistol". Later in 1883 it was built in the USA as The Protector by Minneapolis Firearms Co.. Peter H. Finnegan of Austin, Illinois bought the patent in 1892 and founded the Chicago Fire Arms Co. to make and market the pistols. In anticipation of the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893, he contracted the Ames Sword Company of Chicopee, Massachusetts to manufacture 15,000 pistols. Ames made 1,500 of the pistols by the deadline of the exhibition. Finnegan sued for damages and engaged in a lawsuit with Ames. The company countersued and settled with Finnegan, but, through the years, had amassed a large production run of 12,800 pistols. The company sold the inventory and abandoned the design by 1910. Remington manufactured the rimfire ammunition for this pistol, 32 Extra Short and alternatively 32 Protector, until 1920. Most Protectors were nickel-plated to prevent corrosion from being carried in close contact with the owner. These guns were shipped with gutta percha hard rubber inserts for additional protection. This is an excellent fully functioning example of the factiory nickel plated Chicago Firearms Co ‘Protector’ palm pistol. The 1 ¾” barrel has a foliate engraved collar. The barel has a clean bore with crisp rifling. The pistol has the correct disc body with foliate edged engraved decoration and gutta percha decorative disc inserts. The steel centres are marked on both sides with crisp manufacturer and patent detail (all illustrated). The inside of the turn off disc on the left side of the frame and the internal 7 shot rotating cylinder mechanism are both numbered ‘738’. The front of the disc frame has the correct finger spur and safety lever. The rear of the disc frame has the correct sprung steel firing lever with chequered panel gutta percha grip which is undamaged. The price for this hard to find, unusual pistol includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 15878
£0.00

MATCHING NUMBERS AMERICAN CIVIL WAR ERA Colt Police Model 1862 Constabulary & Civil War Officer’s .36 Calibre Single Action 5 Shot Percussion Revolver. Sn 15854 - 15854
The Colt 1862 Police 'Constabulary' Percussion Revolver is considered by many collectors as the epitome in development of the cap and ball revolvers. Manufactured from 1861 until approximately 1873, it was designed in response to the demand for pocket pistols by both civilians and early Police Forces. This model was the concluding design of Colt percussion pistols and in addition to, the Police for whom this pistol was designed these weapons were popular with Civil War Army Officers. This original example of the Model 1862 revolver has even patina throughout. The pistol has a 4 ½” steel barrel & measures 9 ¾” overall. The top of the barrel is stamped 'Address Col. Saml Colt New York U.S. America'. The barrel's bore is clean with crisp rifling. The brass grip frame has calibre detail ’36 Cal’. It has a captive steel lever ram rod, correct brass pin fore sight and notched hammer rear sight. It has a heavy brass trigger guard, grip frame & undamaged walnut grip. The underside of the frame, barrel block, trigger guard and butt are stamped with matching serial numbers ‘19500’. Its single action firing mechanism works perfectly. The price for this historic revolver includes UK delivery. NB As an antique percussion revolver no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 15854
£1,275.00

C1860 Victorian English John William Edge Manchester Double Barrelled .500 Calibre Percussion ‘Howdah’ Pistol With Captive Steel Ram Rod. Sn 15844 - 15844
John William Edge was an English Gunsmith recorded in Manchester between 1827 & 1864 (see page 95 of English Gunmakers by De Witt Bailey & Nie). The Howdah pistol was a large-calibre handgun, often with two or four barrels, used in India and Africa from the beginning of the nineteenth century and into the early twentieth century, during the period of British Colonial rule. It was typically intended for defence against Tigers, Lions, and other dangerous animals that might be encountered in remote areas. The term "howdah pistol" comes from the howdah, a large platform mounted on the back of an Elephant. Hunters, especially during the period of the British Raj in India, used Howdahs as a platform for hunting wild animals and needed large-calibre side-arms for protection from animal attacks at close quarters. The earliest Howdah pistols were flintlock designs, and it was not until about 60 years later percussion models in single or double barrel configuration were seen. Even though Howdah pistols were designed for emergency defence from dangerous animals in Africa and India, British Officers adopted them for personal protection in other far-flung outposts of the British Empire. This is a very good, original, percussion double barrel Howdah pistol by J.W. Edge Manchester. Its side by side steel barrels are 6” in length. It measures 12” overall length. The smooth bores have staining and residue consistent with age & use. It has a broad top rib and small brass bead fore sight. The rib is signed ‘J.W. Edge Manchester. It is complete with its original captive steel ram rod. Its original Walnut full stock has chequered panels at the grip and inlaid void silver escutcheon. It has double triggers and heavy Dolphin hammers. Its action plates and action tang are crisply engraved with foliate design and signed ‘J.W. Edge’. Both barrels have inlaid silver roundels at the breech. The pistol cocks and dry fires perfectly. The price for this large calibre percussion Howdah pistol includes UK delivery. NB as an antique percussion pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 15844
£1,200.00

SOLD SOLD (15/06) Victorian British WD 1873 Enfield Tower Snider .577 Calibre 2 Band Rifle With Sling . Sn 15831 - 15831
This is an original British .577 Snider Patent 2 band rifle by Enfield Tower. The Snider action was introduced to British service in 1866 and muzzle loading Enfield Carbines were converted to allow the use of the .577 calibre brass cartridge. They remained in use until the Martini Henry was introduced. This Snider rifle has a 23 ¼” barrel with clean bore and crisp 3 groove rifling. The barrel has inspection / proof marks. The metal work has even patina throughout. It has a brass butt plate, fore end block & trigger guard. The original wood is undamaged with just light bumps and bruises to be expected. The action plate is marked ’Tower (Enfield)’ together with ‘1873’ date & crisp Crown Victorian crown mark. The breech and barrel have proof/ WD inspection marks together with snider patent marks. The breech cover has a steel breech cover with locking catch and inspection marks. The action is strong and works as it should. It has sling swivels fitted with leather sling, steel cleaning rod, fixed foresight and adjustable rear ladder sight. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique, obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this weapon in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. Sn 15831
£0.00

MINT BORE, Victorian British WD 1885 BSA & M Co Snider MK III .577 Calibre Cavalry Carbine Marked ‘NSW PSCC’ To The Australian New South Wales Public School Cadet Corps With Leather Rear Sight Protector Cover. Sn 15830 - 15830
This is an excellent, original British .577 Snider MK III Cavalry Carbine. The Snider action was introduced to British service in 1866 and muzzle loading Enfield Carbines were converted to allow the use of the .577 calibre brass cartridge. They remained in use until the Martini Henry was introduced. This BSA & M Co (Birmingham Small Arms & Machine Company) cavalry carbine made in 1885 has a 19 ¼” barrel (34 ¼” overall). The bore is near mint, clean with crisp 3 groove rifling. It has a brass butt plate with trap and brass trigger guard. The woodwork is undamaged and the stock has an ink BSA 1885 WD Roundel together with Australian New South Wales marks ‘NSW above ‘PSCC’ (New South Wales Public School Cadet Corps) & weapon number ‘267’ (School cadets have been in existence in Australia for over 100 years. The first unit was established in Australia in 1866). It is crisply marked with the Victoria Crown 'V.R', dated 1885 and has the 'BSA & M Co' manufacturer's stamp together with inspection mark. The top of the breech is stamped 'III' model designation. The hinged breech cover has WD inspection marks and the correct knurled steel breech release catch. The breech and barrel is nicely marked with Victorian proof/inspection marks. The carbine has a fixed foresight and adjustable ladder rear sight with removable leather cover which has eyelets that secure to screws on either side of the fore stock. The action is strong and works as it should. The price for this nicely marked Cavalry carbine includes UK delivery. NB As an antique obsolete calibre weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. Sn 15830
£1,195.00

MINT BORE, Victorian 1864 British WD Enfield 3 Band .577 Obsolete Calibre Snider Service Rifle. A 619 / 15838 - A 619 / 15838
This is an original Enfield Snider 3 Band Rifle. The action plate is stamped With Queens Crown VR (Victoria Regina) and by the manufacturer 'Enfield 1864' together with WD inspection mark. It has excellent all original wood work, brass butt plate, fore end block and trigger guard with extended tang. The rifle also has its original steel cleaning rod, ladder rear sight, block and blade fore sight and sling swivels. The barrel has a near mint bore, clean with crisp 3 groove rifling. Total length is 55 ¼” with a 36 ¾” barrel. The cocking & firing action works perfectly. This is an antique obsolete calibre rifle and no licence is required to own it in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. The price includes UK delivery. A 619 / 15838
£975.00

EXTREMELY RARE, BEST QUALITY, Victorian Jackson Nottingham 18 Bore, Belted Ball, Percussion Deer Hunting / Sporting Rifle With Octagonal Barrel, Removable Brass Muzzle Stopper & Leather Sling. Sn 15815 - 15815
John Jackson was an English, Nottingham based Gunmaker recorded at 7 Church Gate, Low Pavement Nottingham between 1821 & 1866. The Gunmaker Samuel Jackson is recorded at the same premises 1866-1886 then at 7 & 9 Church Gate C1886 – 1912. This is an excellent black powder Deer hunting / sporting rifle by John or Samuel Jackson Nottingham. The rifle has a steel 30” octagonal barrel (46" overall) in 18 bore for lead belted ball. The muzzle has its original removable brass and cork stopper to prevent water from entering the barrel when being carried in the field. The stopper fits the muzzle snugly. The bore has crisp grooved rifling for belted ball. The bore has just staining consistent with age & use. The barrel has a gold band inlaid at the breech end and the action has a silver roundel inlaid. It has all original undamaged Walnut stock with steel butt plate which has an extended tang & foliate engraving. The stock has finely chequered wrist panels and is inlaid with a void German silver escutcheon. The stock has a polished horn fore end block. The large trigger guard for gloved hand has an extended tang and acanthus bud finial. It has a Dolphin hammer and the action plate has a crisp Deer & Stag in the field scene. It is also crisply marked by the manufacturer ‘Jackson Nottingham’. It is fitted with a German silver blade foresight & flip up 3 leaf rear sights. It has sling swivels fitted with an original leather sling & original wood ramrod with brass end caps. Its firing action works as it should. The price includes UK delivery. NB As an antique black powder percussion weapon no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 15815
£1,695.00
Previous 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next Page 11 of 33