Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Grenades

 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page 1 of 12

DEACTIVATED INERT, WW2, Rare, 1943 Dated British No.82-1 Gammon Grenade By Metal Box Co, With Original No. 274 All-Ways Fuse. Sn 16706:1 - 16706:1
This is a very rare and original British No.82-1 gammon grenade with its original No. 247 allways fuse. This is a very rare British hand grenade to find, especially in this condition. The No 82 grenade was designed by Capt. R.S. Gammon MC of the 1st Parachute Regiment as a replacement for the temperamental and highly dangerous "sticky bomb" grenade. Gammon bombs were primarily issued to special forces such as paratroopers who were issued plastic explosive routinely. The grenades body consists of a pressed steel collar which is stencilled in black No.82-1 6MB(Metal Box Co. manufacturer) and 5/43 the date of manufacture. The grenade has its original dark elasticized stockingette bag for containing the explosive which was filled in the field depending on its use. A small charge for anti-personal use or a large charge for use against vehicles. The bottom of the bag has a drawstring to tie the bag closed. The bakelite 247 fuse consists of the main screw in body, an alloy and steel gaine and the removable safety cap which is marked 247. I. S(in a raised circle and 43 (1943 manufacturer date). There is also traces of red paint on the markings of the cap. The inside of the cap is marked S.23* the manufacturer which is not known at present. The top of the fuse is embossed with S12 and the bottom with S28. The screw threads has red sealant round the threads. The rubber sealing washer is also present between the fuse and grenade body. The fuse also has the fly off short safety cord which was issued with the No.82 grenade. No licence is required to possess this grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 16706:1
1,200.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. Rare, British RNAS, WW1, 1915 Dated Quarter Sectioned thin cased 65Lb RL (Royal Laboratories) Aerial Bomb. Sn 16693 - 16693
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is a very rare British RNAS WW1, 1915 dated quarter sectioned thin cased 65Lb RL (Royal Laboratories) aerial bomb and was one of the first aerial bombs used by the British, especially by the RNAS. The bomb was recovered from the R.N.A.S (Royal Naval Air Service) Station at Meadway on the Isle of Grain which was a First World War Royal Navy Air Service (RNAS) seaplane base and Marine Experimental Aircraft Depot once existed on the Isle of Grain. The seaplane base, commissioned in 1913, was one of the earliest naval air-stations. The Experimental Armament Section was established in late 1915 together with a Seaplane Test Flight and an Experimental Construction Section which together became the Marine Experimental Aircraft Depot. The bomb was quarter sectioned and the fins restored, including painting the bomb in the correct colours. The bomb is stamped on the top N RL.65LB. 10/15 (Naval) (Royal Laboratories) (65 pound). (October 1915 date). The bomb has the correct brass No 1 nose fuse complete with the arming vane which is stamped NoI I 12/16 (December 1916 date) GK 25 and a crowfoot. The bomb is also fitted with a rear arming vane which is stamped RL 2-17. The brass filling plug is fitted below the nose fuse. The bomb has the correct bomb shackle fitted. The interior of the bomb has sectioned brass gains for both fuses and a dummy filling. The bomb is made of light/mild steel sheet, filled with 37 lb Amatol. The length is 29.75 inches without the fuse and the diameter is 9 inches. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess it in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Sn 16693
1,850.00

DEACTIVATED INERT. Rare British Inert Instruct L14A1 Anti-Tank Side Attack Mine. O 1488 - O 1488
DEACTIVATED INERT. This is a rare British inert instruct L14 A1 side-attack mine once used in the British Army. This is the British version of the French MI AC AH F1 off route anti-tank mine. The mine consists of a horizontal cylindrical main body with a large inset plate in the front. The detonator protrudes from the center of the front plate. The main body is supported on two arms which are attached to a circular base with three stakes. The mine can be triggered by a 50-metre breakwire, command or electronically triggered by an external sensor. This mine essentially a uses a large Misznay Schardin effect warhead/charge which is mounted on swivelling stand which has pointed feet to locate it. When the warhead is fired, the plate is formed into a slug which is propelled by the explosives, destroying the target. Although the mine mine can be detonated by a tripwire, infrared sensor, acoustic sensor, or a time delay fuse it can be armed using an infra-red sensor. The mine is 200 mm in diameter 260 mm long and weighs 12kg and is capable of penetrating 70 millimeters of armour at a range of 40 metres. This is a quarter sectioned L14 A1mine and retains most of its original green paint and is stenciled in yellow MINE A/TK L14A RDX/TNT O61A CY 5/78 (ROF Chorley, May 1978 date). The mine is stenciled twice in white INERT INSTURCT and FFE (Free From Explosives) 60. The top cover of the mine is detachable by losing off clips and holds D cell batteries for operation. The cover also has a lead to an arming/activation switch. The explosive and arming content are replaced by inert compounds. The stand for the mine rotates so the mine can be aimed. No licence is required to possess this mine in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Price includes UK delivery. O 1488
975.00

DEACTIVATED INERT. WW2 1940 Dated British No.69 Bakelite Hand Grenade By DLR (Thomas De La Rue London) With All-Ways Weighted Fuse Tape. Sn 12781 - 12781
DEACTIVATED INERT. The British No 69 was a hand grenade developed and used during World War II. It was adopted into service due to the need for a grenade with smaller destructive radius than the No 36M Mills grenade. This allowed the thrower to use a grenade even when there was little in the way of defensive cover. In contrast, the much greater destructive radius of the Mills bomb than its throwing range forced users to choose their throwing point carefully, in order to ensure that they would not be wounded by their own grenade. The shell of the No 69 grenade is composed entirely of the hard plastic, Bakelite, which shattered without producing fragments like a metal bodied grenade. Metal fragmenting sleeves were available to increase the grenade's lethality. Using the No 69 bomb was very simple: the screw-off cap was removed and discarded, and the grenade was then thrown. When the grenade was thrown, a linen tape with a curved lead weight on the end automatically unwrapped in flight, freeing a ball-bearing inside the fuse. In this manner the all-ways fuse was armed in flight and the grenade exploded on impact and like the Gammon grenade, which used the same fuse design, it was withdrawn from service soon after the Second World War ended. This is an excellent original WW2, 1940 dated No.69 grenade. It has the correct Bakelite body with screw off cap and all-ways weighted fuse cord. The body of the grenade has its original green paint band and red crosses band filler indicators. The body of the grenade also has an original white paint oval cartouche but the number within is indecipherable. The base of the grenade is embossed No.69 I and D.L.R.-40 (No, 69 grenade mark 1, Thomas De La Rue London, 1940 date). The screw out filler plug is embossed with a 3 and a S. The top of its screw off cap is embossed 247 MK I (No 247 mark 1 allways fuse). The inside of the cap is embossed 4-6H. Under the screw off top is the metal weighted fly of tape. No licence is required to possess this grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. Price includes UK delivery. Sn 12781
345.00

INERT DEACTIVATED, RARE, WW1 No. 24 MK II .303 Rifle Grenade. Sn 16513 - 16513
INERT DEACTIVATED. The Grenade, .303 inch No. 24 was an improved No.20 MK II grenade introduced to provide a rifle grenade with substantially longer range than the No. 23 grenade. The No.24 was introduced in December 1916 & modified by introduction of the No. 24 MK II on 8th March 1918. The MK II differed from the MK II by having a plain cast steel body without serrations and a die cast plug rather than an ebonite plug (see pages 80-85 of the book, Grenade by Landers). This is an excellent original example of the No. 24 MK II grenade. It is complete with correct plain cast body, brass base piece, die cast plug, spring clip and 11" steel rod. There are no visible manufacturer or date marks on this grenade. The price for this rare grenade includes UK delivery. Sn 16513
245.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. Rare WW2 Russian RPG-40 Anti-Tank 'Stick' Grenade. O 1484 - O 1484
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is a rare Russian RPG-40 anti-tank stick grenade adopted in 1940 as the primary anti-tank grenade by the Russian army. The grenade is unusual for anti-tank use in that it used the blast of the grenade to cause splatter or spalling to the inside of the tank to cause injury to the tank occupants by secondary effect after detonating on the outside of the armour plating. The grenade could be effective on armour up to 20mm which was adequate for the early tanks but less effective on later tanks. The grenade consists of a three part pressed steel cylinder 95mm in diameter, 87 mm long with a Russian type fuse holder on top of the grenade. The stick is 110 mm long with a pressed steel curved fly off handle and a safety pin attached to 30mm diameter ring. The grenade was replaced in 1943 by the RPG-43. These grenades are very rare to find in view of their construction and are a rare survivor from the period .The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1484
475.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. Rare WW1 Russian Orlov Friction 'Stick' Grenade. O 1482 - O 1482
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is an extremely rare WW1 Russian grenade designed by Russian Colonel Orlov. The grenade is made of galvanised steel on soldered construction and measures 2 3/8" across its hexagonal top. The top is fixed in place by 2 copper clips. The grenade is fused by a friction igniter at the top of the grenade and the holder for the igniter protrudes 5/8 above the grenades body. The grenade including the wooden 'stick' handle measures 8 1/4" in length. The stick and pivoting steel cover are held on by steel pins. These grenades are rarely seen outside Russia. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1482
295.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. Rare WW1 Russian Orlov Friction 'Stick' Grenade. O 1481 - O 1481
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is an extremely rare WW1 Russian grenade designed by Russian Colonel Orlov. The grenade is made of galvanised steel on soldered construction and measures 3 3/8" across its hexagonal top. The top is fixed in place by 2 copper clips. The grenade including the wooden 'stick' handle measures 7 1/2" in length. The wood handle is hollow and has the correct pivoting steel cover to reveal where the pull string would have been. The stick and pivoting steel cover are held on by steel pins. These grenades are rarely seen outside Russia. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1481
395.00

DEACTIVATED INERT. Rare, WW2 German Haft-Hohlladung 3kg Magnetic Anti-tank Grenade. O 1481 - O 1481
DEACTIVATED INERT. This is a rare WW2 German Haft-Hohlladung (adhesive hollow charge), 3kg magnetic anti-tank grenade introduced in 1942. The mine was developed on the hollow charge principle of defeating armour by using the cone of Munroe effect to focus the blast energy by a hollow cone put in surface of an explosive. The charge was enclosed in a thin sheet steel cone with a pull type primer attached to the detonator at the top of the charge. The conical charge was attached to three strong horseshoe type magnets pair of poles creating a strong magnetic field across their gap, in the shape of a triangle at the base of the charge. The magnets not only held the mine to the vehicle but also provided the correct spacing between warhead and armor, allowing the penetrator jet to form properly. The German army introduced the Hafthohlladung anti-tank weapon in 1942 and was primarily used by Wehrmacht tank killer squads which required direct placement of the mine on an enemy tank without any protection from enemy fire. The user would run up to the tank and place the device on any surface to which the magnets would stick, pull the safety pin and run for safety. German tanks used a Zimmeritepaste type coating on their tanks to counter any attempt of put magnetic mines on their vehicles which had a ridged appearance to the surface. This is a rare survivor of a Hafthohlladung anti-tank grenade and has a conical pressed steel shaped charge holder with a screw top which would have held the primer and detonator. This anti-tank grenade has attached three horseshoe type magnets by 6 screws. See Small Arms, Artillery and Special Weapons of the Third Reich, an Encyclopedic Survey by Terry Gander and Peter Chamberlain, plate 362. The price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1481
295.00

INERT DEACTIVATED. WW1, 1918 Dated, Mills No 36 MK 1, Hand Grenade Manufactured by T. Adshead & Sons, Dudley. O 1473 - O 1474
INERT DEACTIVATED. This is an excellent, original, 1918 dated WW1, Mills No 36 MK I, Hand Grenade. The grenade retains some of its original finish, including the green ring round the middle (Amatol filling) and a ring of red crosses on the filling ring. The alloy base plug is stamped M36MMK1 (Model 36 Mills MK1). The grenade body is made of cast iron and is cast with the initials 1918 (date) SGB . The fly off lever is stamped with the letter K (A. Kendrick & Sons, West Bromwich). The internal fuse holder is made of tinplate and is stamped B&B Ltd The grenades filling plug is made of brass. This is a nicely stamped WW1 display item. Price includes UK delivery and no licence is required to possess this inert grenade in the UK if retained as part of a collection or display. O 1474
275.00
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next Page 1 of 12