Items: 0 Price: £0    
view cart

Police

 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next Page 1 of 21

WW2 Home Front Police Tommy Helmet. 4 Available. - POL 354
There are 4 British police WW2 tommy helmets available. They all retain most of original police blue painted finish inside and out and are stencilled in white to the front POLICE. Three are dated 1939 and one has the mark 122 stamped inside the rim. The helmets are complete with their original liner and their original spring canvas chin strap. The price includes U.K. delivery and they are priced at £175 for each helmet. POL 354
£175.00

Kings Crown WW2 Oldham Borough Police Helmet With Night Time Helmet Plate And Fitting. - POL 353
This is an original good condition WW2 Oldham Borough Police Constable's/Sergeant's 4 panel helmet with a black finished Oldham Borough Police Kings crown helmet night plate with blackened fittings. The helmet has a perfect exterior finish with correct 4 panel construction and ornate black painted vented rose top mount and a headband with side rosettes. The rose and headband have the original blacking together with a black leather chin strap with a small buckle. The helmet is fitted with its original blackened King's Crown helmet plate. Inside the helmet is in very good condition and it has a leather sweat band with a cork insulator to the sides. The helmet also has a green cloth water proof lining. The price includes UK delivery. POL353
£275.00

**RARE**WW1 1914-1919 Dated, King’s Crown Hiatt & Co Ltd Birmingham, Colourful Polychrome Decorated Kent County Constabulary Dartford Special Constables Presentation Lignum Vitae Police Truncheon. Sn 19560 - 19560
Prior to 1857, policing in communities across Kent had been the responsibility of smaller, local police forces based in individual towns and villages.But it was in this year that John Henry Hay Ruxton, the first chief constable of Kent, was given the job of organising and leading the newly-formed Kent County Constabulary. Ruxton was by all accounts a formidable character. A fearsome former King's Regiment captain, he had previously been in charge of prison ships taking convicts to Australia. There he was responsible for setting up a penal colony, ensuring there was sufficient accommodation for officers, civilians and finally prison barracks.This undoubtedly tough experience meant he was thought the ideal man to set up the Kent County Constabulary, and the new force was given its first headquarters at Wrens Cross in Stone Street, Maidstone. Policing in Dartford Kent was difficult during WW1, it was as a centre for munitions factories; as the location for one of the principal airfields in the defence of London (Joyce Green Aerodrome), and as the venue for important military hospitals (Orchard Hospital and the Dartford War Hospital) used to treat injured Australians, Germans (prisoners-of-war), and Americans. This is an original lignum vitae tropical hardwood Kent County Council Dartford Special Constabulary Police Truncheon dated 1914-1919 no doubt presented to a Special Constable who served from the outset of WW1 until 1919 after the great war. It is 15 ½” length. The wood is undamaged and features colourful Polychrome decoration, the Kings Crown with Royal Cypher GR(George Rex) together with Kent County Constabulary badge and Dartford banner above Special Constable 1914-1919. It has a deep grooved grip with rounded end and space for wrist strap. The butt of the truncheon is impressed by the maker ‘Hiatt & Co Ltd B’ham’, famous for supplying British and American Police with equipment from the Victorian through to the modern era. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19560
£650.00

WW2 Wiltshire Constabulary Police Cap With Night Time Cap Badge. - POL 352
This is an original WW2 Wiltshire Constabulary Police Cap with a black finished Wiltshire Constabulary night finish cap badge. The cap has a Christies, London impressed stamp to the tan leather headband below a kings crown. The cap has a blackened Wiltshire Constabulary night time cap badge with a nickel plated W signifying Wiltshire Constabulary together with the king’s crown. The badge has wearers loops on the reverse, held in place with a brass pin. The hat has a black leather hat band/chin strap held by two black buttons to the sides. The peak is black. The cap top and sides are in good undamaged condition. The inside of the cap has a black cloth waterproof top lining. The price includes UK delivery. POL 352
£275.00

Victorian British River Police Ebonised Wood Baluster Tipstaff / Truncheon With Hand Painted Decoration V.R. Royal Cypher Stylised Monograms including ‘a7 RP’(River Police) With Plaited Rope Wrist Loop. Sn 19414 - 19414
The earliest British River Police Force was the Thames River Police, formed by Magistrate Patrick Colquhoun and Master Mariner John Harriott in 1798 to tackle theft and looting from ships at anchor. Shortly after other Police Forces with Sea Borders or large bodies of water within their Force boundaries formed their own River Police Units.. The earliest record of the Tipstaff (Warrant Stick) was in the 14th century. The name derives from the early origins of Policing when Warranted Officers would apprehend a criminal with the help if necessary of a tipped staff. The staff would be made of wood or metal and were not only a means of self defence but the tips of the staffs would bear symbols of their authority. Modern Police Truncheons originated from these Tipstaffs. This is an excellent original Victorian Police Tip Staff / Truncheon. The Baluster shape shaft is made of ebonised wood tapered and shaped for grip. The staff measures 13 ¾” length. It has painted decoration featuring a Crown and Royal Cypher ‘V.R’ (Victoria Regina), stylised monogram which appears to read ‘a’ above ‘7’ (most likely a Division designation) and ‘RP’ (River Police, there is also another indistinct 2 letter monogram which can be seen in the images. All of the staff’s Gold and Red decoration is present. The ribbed grip is fitted with plaited rope wrist loop. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19414
£295.00

Victorian Scottish Bowling Police Constabulary (West Dunbartonshire) Ebonised Wood Tipstaff Truncheon With Hand Painted Decoration & V.R. Royal Cypher. Sn 19413 - 19413
Bowling (Scots: Bowlin, Scottish Gaelic: Bolan) is a village in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland, It lies on the north bank of the Firth of Clyde, between the towns of Clydebank and Dumbarton. It is 11R60;2 miles west of Old Kilpatrick which is at one end of the Antonine Wall and therefore represents the extreme limit of the Roman Empire on the west coast of the island of Great Britain. Bowling has been long associated with shipbuilding and ship repairing. The opening of the Forth and Clyde canal at Bowling in 1790 increased the number of vessels passing through the small village on their way to Glasgow. In the 17th century, Scottish towns & cities used to hire watchmen to guard the streets at night, augmenting a force of unpaid citizen constables. Circa 1800 Official Police Constabularies were formed in Scotland. Policing of Dumbartonshire is presently performed by The Police Service Of Scotland. The earliest record of the Tipstaff (Warrant Stick) was in the 14th century. The name derives from the early origins of Policing when Warranted Officers would apprehend a criminal with the help if necessary of a tipped staff. The staff would be made of wood or metal and were not only a means of self defence but the tips of the staffs would bear symbols of their authority. Modern Police Truncheons originated from these Tipstaffs. This is an excellent original Victorian Bowling Police Tip Staff / Truncheon. The shaft is made of ebonised wood tapered and shaped for grip. The staff measures 14 ½” length. It has painted decoration featuring a Crown and Royal Cypher ‘V.R’ (Victoria Regina) above ‘1 Bowling’ (Police District). All of the staff’s Gold and Red decoration is clear. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19413
£295.00

1830-1837 William IV Ebonised Wood Police Truncheon With Hand Painted Royal Cypher. Sn 19412 - 19412
William IV (William Henry; 21 August 1765 – 20 June 1837) was King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and King of Hanover from 26 June 1830 until his death in 1837. This is an original William IV era Police Truncheon. The Ebonised wood is hand painted with WR IIII cypher (William IV Rex) in vivid red and gold panel. The truncheon measures 18 ½” overall length. Some of the black ebonised finish is rubbed in places consistent with age and service use but there are no dents or cracks in the wood. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19412
£275.00

*Rare* Cast Iron Sign from Police Office/House, West Riding Yorkshire. 19315. - 19315
The West Yorkshire Constabulary (WYC) was, from 1968 to 1974, the statutory police force for the West Riding of Yorkshire, in northern England. It was formed under the Police Act 1964, and was a merger of the previous West Riding Constabulary along with six borough forces for the county boroughs of Barnsley, Dewsbury, Doncaster, Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield. The other four West Riding county boroughs, Bradford, Leeds, Sheffield and Rotherham, retained independent police forces (a merged force for Sheffield/Rotherham). The West Riding Constabulary had been originally set up in 1856, as required by the County and Borough Police Act 1856. The first Chief Constable was Lt Col C. A. Cobbe. The force's strength was 354 by the end of the year, and its headquarters were at Wakefield. This 19th Century Wall plaque is in cast iron and displays the White Rose of Yorkshire. This is a heavy piece (6kg) and in very attractive condition (re painted), there are six original fixing holes. The Sign is ½ “thick, 22” tall and 13 ½” wide. The price includes UK postage. 19315.
£345.00

Victorian Bingley Police/ West Riding Constabulary (West Yorkshire) Tipstaff Truncheon With Hand Painted Decoration & V.R. Royal Cypher. Sn 19341 - 19341
Bingley is a market town in the metropolitan borough of the City of Bradford, in West Yorkshire, England. In 1856 the West Riding Constabulary was formed and policed Bingley. In 1968 the West Riding Constabulary was renamed West Yorkshire Police. The earliest record of the Tipstaff (Warrant Stick) was in the 14th Century. The name derives from the early origins of Policing when Warranted Officers would apprehend a criminal with the help if necessary of a tipped staff. The staff would be made of wood or metal and were not only a means of self defence but also symbols of their authority. Modern Police Truncheons originated from these Tipstaffs. This is an excellent original Victorian era Tipstaff Truncheon. The body is made of ebonised wood tapered and shaped for grip. The staff measures 14 ½” length. It has painted decoration featuring a Crown and Royal Cypher ‘V.R’ above ‘Bingley 1’ (possibly No.1 district, officer or armoury number). All of the staff’s Gold, Green and Red decoration is vivid. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19341
£295.00

Victorian British Ordnance Marked Military Naval Dockyard Or River Police Brass Hilt Cutlass / Hanger Sidearm & Scabbard. Sn 19209 - 19209
This is an original Victorian British Naval Dockyard Or River Police Brass Hilt Ordnance Marked Cutlass / Hanger Sidearm & Scabbard. It has a fullered 27” clean polished steel cutlass blade. The blade has its original leather hilt washer. The blade has one small ‘Crown above E6’ ordnance inspection mark. The brass hilt is in excellent order with Bar guard. The brass handle is grooved for grip and it has a rounded stepped pommel. The push button scabbard retaining clip functions as it should. The overall length of the cutlass is 32 ½” and it locks firmly into the scabbard. The leather scabbard with brass mounts is in very good condition with all leather & stitching intact. The brass throat mount has a frog locket. The price includes UK delivery. Sn 19209
£695.00
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next Page 1 of 21